Digital Asset protection actually refers to actions taken to secure or protect digital assets from access, use, modification or damage that can be done by irresponsible people. What is meant by digital assets here are various data and resources, such as documents, e-mails, financial records, photos, videos, software programs, and websites. So to keep your digital assets safe from the reach of irresponsible people, there are several ways you can do to protect your digital assets, including:
- Use strong, unique passwords that few people understand: Use strong, unique passwords for all accounts on your device, and don’t forget to use a password manager to keep them safe.
- Enable 2-step authentication: using this method can add an extra layer of security. This method requires you to enter the code sent to your phone or email in addition to the password.
- Don’t forget to update the software on your device: by updating the software on your device regularly, it also has the effect of adding the latest security patches to protect your digital assets from data theft or the like.
- Use encryption: using data encryption, it can be useful to protect your data from illegal access.
- Backing up data: backing up data regularly can be useful to protect data from being lost due to Hardware failure or other problems.
- Use a firewall: using a firewall can be useful to block illegal access to your network or to your devices.
- Need to be careful: You need to be careful when you are about to click on a suspicious link or download an attachment from an unknown source.
Read Also : The Best Solution in Improving Cyber Security
By following these steps, it is guaranteed that your digital assets can be protected and reduce the risk of data breaches and other threats from cyberspace. This is also very beneficial for companies, many of a company’s bdigital assets need Digital Asset protection so that all important company data is safe from the touch of irresponsible people. There are several steps companies can take to protect their digital assets:
- You can develop and also implement a strong cybersecurity plan: this requires strong passwords, two-factor authentication, encryption, as well as software updates on your device.
- Provide knowledge to employees about cybersecurity: provide training to employees on how to recognize and prevent cyberthreats, such as phishing and malware attacks.
- Using Servers and Cloud storage: store data that is important on secure servers in the cloud, and it is necessary to limit access to authorized individuals.
- Implement access controls: Your company can use access controls based on individual roles and sensitive systems for those who need this data for their work.
- Perform regular security assessments: it is necessary to carry out security assessments of a system so that the security for your company’s digital assets remains within a safe range.
Actually the steps to protect digital assets for individuals and companies are almost the same, but for a company it needs to be done properly, because many parties are trying to use company data for negative things. Using Digital Asset protection companies can effectively protect their digital assets and can also be useful for mitigating the risk of data breaches and other cyber threats.
Frequently Asked Questions Regarding Digital Asset Protection
What is Digital Asset Protection and why is it important for companies?
- Digital Asset Protection is an effort to protect company digital assets from cyberthreats such as malware, phishing, DDoS attacks, and other threats. A company’s digital assets can be client data, intellectual property, information systems, and technology infrastructure. It is important for companies to protect their digital assets because loss of sensitive data can lead to bad reputation, financial loss and legal consequences. Companies that experience data security breaches can also face hefty sanctions and fines from regulators and oversight bodies.
- Protecting digital assets can also help increase business efficiency by reducing the risk of downtime and system disruptions. This can ensure the smooth operation of the company and maintain customer trust. Therefore, Digital Asset Protection is an important element of a comprehensive enterprise cybersecurity strategy and companies need to allocate sufficient resources to ensure the security of their digital assets.
What are the risks faced by companies if they do not protect their digital assets?
- If companies do not protect their digital assets, the risks they face can include loss of sensitive data, financial loss, bad reputation, and legal consequences such as sanctions and fines from regulators and oversight bodies.
What technologies and strategies can be used to protect company digital assets?
- Technologies and strategies that can be used to protect a company’s digital assets include data encryption, two-factor authentication, firewalls, antivirus, network monitoring, and employee training. Companies can also use cybersecurity services provided by specialized service providers to ensure the security of their digital assets.
What types of digital assets need to be protected through Digital Asset Protection?
Digital assets include various types of data and information, including:
- Private photos and videos: Private photos and videos stored on digital devices need to be protected as they contain sensitive information and can be used for cybercrimes such as hacking or extortion.
- Financial accounts: Bank accounts, credit cards and online payment accounts need to be properly protected as they can provide access to our financial information and personal data.
- Important documents: Documents such as passports, birth certificates, and financial documents must be encrypted and stored securely so they cannot be accessed by unauthorized persons.
- Intellectual property: Digital assets such as source code, designs and patents need to be protected to prevent theft and illegal use.
- Access to devices: Internet-connected devices such as laptops, smartphones and tablets also need to be protected to prevent hacking or data theft. By protecting these digital assets through Digital Asset Protection, we can ensure the security of our personal data and information from cyber threats.
What to do in the event of a data security breach on a company’s digital assets?
- If a data security breach occurs on a company’s digital assets, the company must take immediate action to identify the source of the breach and fix security vulnerabilities. Companies must also notify customers and other interested parties about data security breaches and provide guidance on what steps to take.
So for those of you who need security service for systems in your company, you can trust PT Laju Solusi Jenius, a leading high-tech company from Indonesia that is involved in various programs around the world that provide ready-to-use and fully integrated solutions. We have several services that can help secure your operational system such as Managed Security Service (MSS), Infrastructure Security, Cybersecurity Assessment, Email Security & Protection, Red & Blue Team Security, Security Awareness Program, Education & Training. For more complete information, you can visit our official web page at https://solusijenius.com/service-category/cybersecurity/.